What device is used to create a physical Star Topology?
A physical star topology is created using a central device, typically a hub or switch, which connects to each of the other devices on the network.
- The advantage of this type of topology is that it is very easy to set up and manage.
- The disadvantage is that if the central device fails, the entire network will go down.
What is the central device is Star Topology?
How many types of physical topologies are there?
There are three types of physical topologies: bus, star, and ring. In a bus topology, all devices are connected to a single central cable. In a star topology, all devices are connected to a central device, typically a hub or switch. In a ring topology, all devices are connected to each other in a loop.
How do you make a star topology?
To make a star topology, you need to connect each device on the network to a central device, typically a hub or switch.
Here are the steps to follow:
1. Connect the first device to the central device using a cable.
2. Connect the second device to the central device using a cable.
3. Repeat step 2 until all devices are connected to the central device.
4. That’s it! Your star topology is now complete.
Why hub is used in Star Topology?
A hub is used in star topology because it can connect multiple devices to the network. A switch can also be used, but a hub is typically cheaper.
Here are some reasons why Hub is used in star topology:
- It is easy to set up and manage.
- It is relatively inexpensive.
- It can connect multiple devices to the network.
- It is easy to troubleshoot if there are any problems on the network.